BungeeCord is a powerful proxy server tool that allows Minecraft server administrators to link multiple servers together. This enables players to move seamlessly between servers without disconnecting from the network. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of setting up BungeeCord on EnviroMC in a step-by-step manner.
Before getting started, make sure you have the following:
- An EnviroMC account with sufficient resources to run multiple Minecraft servers.
- At least two Minecraft servers to connect using BungeeCord.
- Access to the server files and configuration settings.
Step 1: Download BungeeCord
- Visit the BungeeCord download page at https://ci.md-5.net/job/BungeeCord/.
- Download the latest version of BungeeCord by clicking on the "last successful build" link.
Step 2: Create a BungeeCord Server on EnviroMC
- Log in to your EnviroMC account and navigate to the server management dashboard.
- Click on "Create New Server" and choose "BungeeCord" as the server type.
- Name your BungeeCord server and allocate the necessary resources (RAM, storage, etc.).
- Upload the BungeeCord.jar file you downloaded in Step 1 to the new server's root directory.
Step 3: Configure the BungeeCord Server
- Start the BungeeCord server on EnviroMC. This will generate the necessary configuration files.
- Stop the server, then locate and open the "config.yml" file in the server's root directory.
- Edit the "listeners" section to match your server's IP address and desired port number.
- In the "servers" section, add the IP addresses and port numbers of the Minecraft servers you want to connect.
- Save and close the "config.yml" file.
Step 4: Configure Minecraft Servers
For each Minecraft server you wish to connect with BungeeCord, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the server's root directory and open the "server.properties" file.
- Change the "online-mode" setting to "false" and save the changes.
- Open the "spigot.yml" (for Spigot servers) or "paper.yml" (for Paper servers) file.
- Set "bungeecord" to "true" and save the changes.
Step 5: Restart Servers and Test Connections
- Restart the BungeeCord server and each connected Minecraft server.
- Test the connections by logging into the BungeeCord server's IP address and port number.
- Use the in-game server teleportation commands to move between connected servers.
By following these steps, you can set up a BungeeCord proxy server on EnviroMC, allowing you to connect multiple Minecraft servers and provide a seamless experience for your players. Make sure to regularly update BungeeCord and the connected servers to ensure stability and optimal performance.