Fabric is a lightweight modding platform for Minecraft, designed for compatibility and ease of use. This guide will walk you through the process of installing Fabric on your EnviroMC Minecraft server, allowing you to run Fabric mods and enhance your gameplay experience.
- A registered account on the EnviroMC platform
- An active EnviroMC server
- Access to your server's control panel and File Manager
Step 1: Download the Necessary Files
- Go to the Fabric website (https://fabricmc.net/use/) and download the latest server version of the Fabric Installer. Save the .jar file to your computer.
Step 2: Access Your EnviroMC Server's Control Panel
- Log in to your EnviroMC account.
- Navigate to the "My Servers" section and click on the server you want to install Fabric on.
Step 3: Stop Your Server Before making any changes to your server files, it's essential to stop the server to prevent corruption or loss of data.
- In your server's control panel, click the "Stop" button to stop the server.
Step 4: Upload the Fabric Installer and Install Fabric
- In your server's control panel, click on the "File Manager" button to access the server's files.
- Click the "Upload" button and select the Fabric Installer .jar file you downloaded earlier. Upload the file to your server's main directory.
- Navigate back to your server's control panel, and click on the "Console" button.
- In the console, type the following command and press Enter:
java -jar fabric-installer.jar --installServer
- The Fabric Installer will install the necessary Fabric files onto your server. Once the process is complete, you should see a new .jar file named "fabric-server-launch.jar" in your server's main directory.
Step 5: Update the Server .jar File in the Control Panel
- In your server's control panel, locate the "Server JAR File" setting.
- Change the value to "fabric-server-launch.jar" and save the changes.
Step 6: Upload the Fabric API
- In your server's File Manager, locate and open the "mods" folder. If there isn't one, create a new folder named "mods."
- Click the "Upload" button and select the Fabric API .jar file you downloaded earlier. Upload the file to the "mods" folder.
Step 7: Start Your Server
- Return to your server's control panel.
- Click the "Start" button to restart the server with Fabric installed.
- Give the server some time to load, as the startup process might take slightly longer with Fabric installed.
Conclusion: You've successfully installed Fabric on your EnviroMC Minecraft server. Now you can add Fabric mods to your server by uploading them to the "mods" folder in your server's File Manager. Remember to always back up your server files before making significant changes and keep your mods up to date for optimal performance and stability.